Write about feelings they said.

   Feelings are influential. They drive people to make actions they never anticipated. I describe feelings as rare although the main ones are recognizable they’re still all unique in their own way. My joy, liberation, optimism, and euphoria are nothing like yours. And your depravity, despair, anger, and resentment are not identical to mine. No feelings are temporary, however, these powerful fleeting moments all resonate with us differently. This made me ponder that while we all may indulge in the same things. We all have our own reasons. This leads me to question if there is a target audience for me. My answer is I don’t really have one. I am able to comprehend how people/consumers are more receptive to what speaks to them. Ergo, everyone has their own taste. Rather than trying to do something impossible like adhere to everyone's preference, creators should have projects that reflect them while allowing others to admire, relate and appreciate their work. I think of all the songs I have, all these songs derived from albums with numerous tracks. Yet I don’t contain the entire album. I chose the songs that hit me. And some of those songs may not have been a hit for you. Now this wasn’t me neglecting anyone’s art or creation. Maybe I just couldn’t relate to those songs. It’s always possible for me to replay an old song and feel the lyrics. Feeling lyrics is the ability to recognize them. To hear a short line and be like “yea I've been there”. You could take a great song and find people who hate it just because they can’t feel the lyrics. And on occasion, this inability to relate to the lyrics is why people don’t like certain songs. It’s not poor work simply lack of understanding or you could say lack of feeling.


Comments