I miss double dutch.

I miss double dutch. Up and down, side to side, back-and-forth. What was once an innocent game is now twister. Thinking about it leaves me shook. Shook just like those buildings during the earthquake.  I flipped a page the other day, and learned something. Earthquake proof buildings are thing. These buildings are composed of flexible materials that dispense shocks in earthquakes. I'm not writing this, because Mr. Block told me to keep writing but because I'm still learning and discovering so much. I also still want to write. I annotated a book called, Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins. It was impactful numerous ways, but what if David Goggins is wrong? Maybe it's not "stay hard". The New York City buildings withstood a significant amount of force. They were malleable, not hard. I guess it's actually stay soft then. Because being soft ensures you feel every sensation prior to overcoming it. Staying soft puts you  in the same category as those towers. The category being things that can bend without breaking. You don't need to find rock-bottom's basement in order to move forward. You just need to snap back..

Comments