Rejection

 Rejection is a killer. Being denied our aspirations is painful. It humbles you in a way that nothing else can. When you put something in pursuit and it doesn't come to fruition, that hurts because you know how you feel and how seriously you want it. But rejection is redirection. Rejection has the power to change the trajectory of your life. This unacceptance exists in multiple forms, it dictates where you graduate, what job you take, who are you settling down with where you go where you live and so many factors. But because these are all things to look forward to, we should take rejection with a grain of salt. Rejection shouldn't be the reason we turn into bullies, abusers and killers. Rejection shouldn't be the reason we can't lock ourselves in the mirror. Sometimes no, not sometimes more often than not we will discredit what we didn't get. This is something egotistically we do out of pride. Discrediting others are a lot more painful than sitting and analyzing where we fell short. Because if I say somebody only attained XYNZ because of Excellency, it makes them little and I get to stay big. And now that I am more powerful and superior, I don't need to question my persona. Now I can avoid reflecting and pointing out what I lack. I've been rejected I've been rejected by people I've been rejected by schools jobs etc. And it stings for a minute until I realize that not everybody is for me and that is OK. I'm learning about rejection, killings, and forms of danger for women, and I am so deeply resonating with these microaggressions that sometimes escalate into traumatic experiences for women and family members or death. And it should never get that far. What is healthy is to accept no's. Because when you can't accept somebody saying no, that means you're OK with abusing their yes. So when people say no to you, and you push, and you push, and you push, and you force things that is the dehumanization of others, but it belittling your self-worth, and being a hindrance to someone else's satisfaction to pursue your needs. It's selfish and heartless. It's not something I ever want to do. One time I asked my mom how she handles being hit on in public when she's trying to go back her day in an interest. She told me she politely declined and kept it moving. I questioned her and felt like what she was saying was passive. Because people aggressively hit on and pursue others and disturb people yet she said she remains polite. And as I become more educated, and I hear these stories about dumbbells thrown out women in gyms because they said, no, teenage girls being stabbed because they said, no, bricks thrown out women because they say no, I finally understand. When women enforce boundaries people want to kill them. And I just hope that we are developing a generation that can accept people instead of forcing their way or manipulating and deceiving people who are simply uninterested. And it's sad, but as women, we all have a shared experience about going about our day being interrupted by unwanted attention, politely rejecting somebody and then the egotistical remark " Oh, well, you weren't all that anyway". 

Comments