La nina fresca

Picking because I'm hungry it's an array of options in front of me. I've got sweedish fish but I got that last time maybe oreos nah I can get those anywhere cherry slurp today I say.  I skip my way out to go about my day. 7-Eleven was this magical place I strode out and into heaven. Now I just go for gas but since cherry slurppee days are my past my appetite isn't the only thing that's grown. Ya see I'm still hungry the type to walk into rooms head held high full of aspirations and leave with blessings. They say having contact with your inner child is beneficial well let me tell you about mine. A fresh likkle girl some might say a big mouth I'd say.  She's not sassy she just ensures she's heard.  She loves to eat and whenever she does, she leaves no crumbs. She loved the color pink, and that has changed. She hated wearing dresses and that has changed. She never had a dollar yet always had change. Little Isa was feisty and fierce. She woke up flawless. She full of wonder curiosity about what she would amount to but then she had epiphanies. When Wayne said no let it go no holding back he was talking to her. Y'all really think fresh likkle girls don't listen, but we do I listened to BeyoncĂ© and felt flawless . I listened to Wayne Wonder and decided to never let go and never hold back just look how far thats gotten me. The abundance of pride I have for this "disobedient" inner child of mine is immeasurable. I applaud, her high expectations encourage all of her boundaries accept her pickiness with food and people, and most of all I admire her growth.  Occasionally we become preoccupied, giving everyone their flowers and neglect to get ourselves a bouquet. Little Isa and I are interlinked. Thus we are locked in.  There is a mental tussle she has numerous demands and I just adhere to them the best way I know how. Ive come to the conclusion that every time I check in with the adolescent version of me, I feel more rooted in myself than ever. Today 7-Eleven trips are mandatory not solely for gas but for my queen size cherry slurpee. It's a craving that I know that will never cease. This self deprecating habit is over. People pleasing is done. Belittling oneself to comfort others is now uncool.  Practice is canceled today get in we're going to 7-Eleven. On this trip you will be called greedy, self-serving, stubborn, cold, high-maintenance, and any other label they slander you with from the book titled Your Not Operating In Alignment With Me. I urge you to be that do that embody all those characteristics all the time in the most unapologetic way. This is how you refrain from being a product of your environment and establish an environment thats a product of you. Return all the energy you deplete trying to explain yourself correcting false narratives and go get yourself a bouquet. Take a trip to 7-Eleven. 

Comments