Ceci n'est pas une pipe

René Magritte made a painting in 1929 that was misinterpreted by many. The way they picture it is wrong. People look at his work assuming it's depicting a pipe but is an eggplant. This made me think of how people try to talk me out of something I am interested in. People see no reason to pursue something without an instantaneous reward or recognition. I've been told it's a waste of my time but I'd lunge at the chance just to catch something like this something they've never seen and can't comprehend. What I crave is far fetch and foreign to them. I'm not defining who I am based on their lenses. My lenses are perfect and cinematic they capture the truth my truth. Rene knew what he set out to do and although people didn't understand what he was doing he continued working unapologetically. So the takeaway is if you are into something anything stick with it regardless of anyone's perception cause it's not a pipe dream.

Comments